Butter Baked Pork Chops
Pork chops can be a little hard to get just right, but in this recipe, they’re baked in a wonderful buttery sauce made with thyme, garlic and Chilli Pepper Pete’s Chilli Apple Sauce, which helps to keep them really juicy. Serve with new potatoes and a fresh salad for a lovely light evening meal.
2 pork chops
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 fat garlic clove
2 tsp Chilli Pepper Pete’s Chilli Apple Sauce
Fresh salad leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C (180˚C fan). Warm a splash of olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan on a medium heat, then season the pork chops with salt and pepper and add to the pan once it’s hot.
2. While the pork sears (give it a couple of minutes on each side), mix the softened butter with the thyme, crushed garlic, and Chilli Pepper Pete’s Chilli Apple Sauce.
3. When the pork is starting to turn golden on both sides, add the butter to the pan and use a spoon to baste the meat with it once it has melted.
4. Put the frying pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes. While the pork chops are baking, boil the new potatoes according to the instructions on the packet.
5. Finally, plate up the pork chops with a little of the extra butter drizzled on top. Dress the new potatoes with melted butter, salt and fresh parsley, and serve with a simple salad.