Scollop Salad with Chilli and Mango
This is a delicious, summery dish full of gorgeous flavours – the combination of fresh, delicate scallops with mango, pineapple and the hint of chilli in Chilli Pepper Pete’s Hot Fruity Sauce is just right. It only takes ten minutes to pull together so it’s great for a quick lunch, and it’s pretty too, so it’s also perfect for a starter at a dinner party – just don’t tell anyone how easy it was.
2 tbsp Chilli Pepper Pete’s Hot Fruity Sauce
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
100g giant couscous
Red pepper, to decorate (optional)
1. Start by marinating the scallops – in a bowl, mix with Chilli Pepper Pete’s Hot Fruity Sauce, a good squeeze of lime juice, a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Next, cook the couscous according to the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain and leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile, place a frying pan on a high heat with a little olive oil. Once it’s really hot, add the scallops, making sure they’re all laying down flat. Cook for one minute, then turn them over and cook for another thirty seconds. Be careful not to overdo them or they’ll be rubbery!
4. Take the frying pan off the heat, and squeeze a little more lime juice over the scallops. Add a scoop of butter and a little drizzle of honey, and stir.
5. Spoon some of the juices out of the frying pan and use to dress the couscous. Mix with the rocket, and then serve with the sticky scallops on top. Finish off with a sprinkle of fresh coriander and a little chopped red pepper, if you want to make it look pretty.